Cox & Kings Profile
Ajay SethSenior Vice President Outbound MICE, Trade Fairs & Weddings“In life, as in chess, forethought wins” - Charles Buxton
When you have a number of pieces to coordinate, every move has consequenses. Thus every time you see a good move, check if there could have been a better one. Because that willl help you and your team win. And a winning team that executes a strategy to perfection deserves recognition and rewards.
We, at Cox & Kings, have been perfecting our strategies for 260 years. Our expertise is at your command to help reward your kings, queens, knights and everyone else who were part of your success and in inspiring your teams to elevate their game to levels never seen before.
Established in 1758 by Sir Richard Cox, The Journey of Journey makers is now 260 years old.
- 19th century: merged with India specialist Henry King & Company to form Cox & Kings.
- 1923: bought by Lloyds Bank and begins to arrange tours round the world. Subsequently bought over by Grindlays Bank.
- 1970-1999: largely operated as ticketing ageny with non leisure business contributing majorly to the revenue.
- 1999-2004: expanded product offering to become a fully integrated travel company in India.
- 2004-2009: acquired Cox & Kings UK, bought over Clearmine and listed itself on the Mumbai stock exchange through 590 cr IPO.
- 2011: brought out FTSE-listed Holiday Break Plc for GBP 513 mn, adding other brands like PGL and NST in Education travel and Meinenger in Hybrid hotels.
- 2016: now a global conglomerate, with USD 2.2 bn in annual sales, across 22 countries, employing over 6000 employees and serving over 7 mn travellers.
Cox & Kings is a one-stop- shop; Visa, Indian & Overseas holidays, Specialised Experiences - Glamping, Luxury Train Escapades, Getaway Goddess. The Ultimate Travel Camp, Destination Management, Enable Travel, Wedding Planners and many more.
Its India HQ in Mumbai, offices are spread across in cities of New Delhi, Gurugram, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Kochi, Hyderabad, Goa and Jaipur. Our worldwide offices are located in UK, USA, Japan, Russia, Singapore and Dubai with associate offices in Germany, Italy, Spain, South Africa, Sweden and Australia.
Cox & Kings Story
Cox & Kings are a pioneer in producing unique bespoke Tours for illustrious individuals Mahatma Gandhi, Royal families from Britain and Europe, Hollywood Stars and Billionaires from USA, Europe, Russia and Middle East.
Cox & Kings - Its Three Pillars
Leisure Travel to Business Travel, from Education to Hybrid hotels and online travel to visa, insurance & forexservices.
Cox & Kings - Business Strengths
- Global Reach
- Cater to all business segments & needs
- Use the group expertise to create unique products
- Ability to add value to packages with minimum price increases
- Have multiple distribution channels
- Well trained & aggressive sales staff
- Being market leaders across Countries, are seen as stable & trusted partners
Consolidate the leadership position as an integrated tour operator in India
Operate as a profitable specialist tour operator across overseas geographies